Monday, April 27, 2009

Mae back from the ashes!


Not too long ago I was sad to see that two of the members of one of my favorite bands had decided to leave. This band being Mae and the members leaving being Rob Sweitze the keyboardist and Mark Padgett the bassist. This was frustrating because it came on tails of a big CD kickoff as they had barely been signed by a large label, (Capitol Records) and they had just barely came out with an album that seemed to be getting a decent amount of radio play.
I was further disheartened to hear that people who heard them in concert were not very impressed with what they heard or saw. I had never seen a Mae performance that didn't at least make me wish that I could join a band or their band and rock on stage with them because they made it seem so fun and rewarding. I was sad to see an awesome band have to leave before I felt it was their time.
I worried that the nail in the coffin was when in early 2008 they announced that they had decieded to split ways with Capitol Records. I feared that this would leave my band in the type of convoluted uncertainty that I had seen kill so many other good acts out there.
The other day I decided to stroll onto their website to touch a bit of nostalgia and I found the song that you are hopefully enjoying right now. Not only that but they are using their current music to support an awesome charity, (In true Mae fashion.) I hope you enjoy these tunes as much as I do and give to this awesome charity.
So in short, the band has regrouped and become the band that I fell in love with again with a new CD, a new sound, and a new tour. The Salt Lake City date is this May 16th at the Avalon theatre. I can guarantee you that you will be very hard pressed to find a better show for less than $12.00, For the price of two value menu combo’s you can go see an amazing band play their hearts out. A fair-trade if I ever have heard of it. I hope you can make it because I know that I’ll be there, (Nate this means you.) Be sure to bring some extra cash for a CD and a T-shirt at the goodies table.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray Mae!

    I do want to come, but I think my gameplan will be to go on a raged tear until Raul feels guilty and buys me a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog????....and you are only now just sharing the link with me via your comment on my blog? Your friend? Your avid-blogging friend...whom you never call or talk to anymore and who endlessy wonders how you are doing and who could have actually had a means to know without attempting to get into touch with your hard-to-reach butt had she only know that you had a blog?!? I am cursing and applauding your name right now.

    ReplyDelete