Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Please Perez Don't hurt her

Be careful the video has a little language for those who are sensitive. Now I have some very real and very strong opinions about what happened at the Miss USA pageant with regards to the Miss California debacle. But I don’t feel like talking about that right now except to say that I don’t think that it was just a coincidence that Miss California got a question that talked about Gay Marriage, what with the prop 8 situation. And also to say that this was the worst answer to a question is to forget the Miss Teen USA that although was in a different contest, it puts that question to shame.

I think that if we're being honest with ourselves the only thing that miss California was truly guilty of is being a little too upfront with her political opinion in a situation where she couldn’t defend it or give her answers the true credit they deserved. I think a better orator could have pulled it off but seriously this girl isn’t no Obama. But you got to hand it to her. This chick has cajones. I think if you were honest with yourself you’d have to admit that it would be very hard to share your opinion to such a hot question on national television. She probably knew what she had to answer in order to get the make that talking heads and sycophants happy, but she decided to stand for something so good on you. I wish I had that kind of gumption.


With that being said I would just like to say that what this whole situation brought to light was how much I really hate Perez Hilton. Just because you are loud doesn’t mean that people like you, just because you are Gay doesn’t mean that you are the voice of the Gay community, and just because people know who you are, that doesn’t really mean you even famous and it especially doesn’t mean that you are admired.

The saddest thing about the whole situation is that I know that there are a lot of people who knew this douche bag and just were okay with it because they knew that what goes around comes around and that in the world wouldn’t stand to support such an idiot let alone let him thrive, and now they stare in awe because for whatever reason someone decided to let this idiot become famous. I’m sure it just kills people when they realize this. Granted… life is not fair, Michael Bay still gets to make movies, Paris Hilton will spend more money on underwear this year than I’ll probably make in two, and Perez is obviously respected enough to be a judge for the Miss USA pageant (which is a scholarship program BTW.)

Still I don’t understand why people allow idiots to be the voice of their beliefs. Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Tom Hanks. Fact is they are just people and in my opinion very small and very obtuse people. Let us not forget this. 

I remember as a child thinking of all the people who bullied me. I had a fantasy that the Jazz would draft me when I grew up and I’d lead them to the championships, and at a press conference after I’d say, “Derek ______, Ricky _____, Pete ______, And _______ was always a jerk to me when I was a kid, if you are employing them please fire them.” I thought this would be the sweetest revenge. Now I just think that they are all probably rich and doing well, and I hope they are. At least they aren’t a Gay overrated overpaid blogger who makes it his job to out the whole Gay world and tried to announce Castro’s death even though *spoiler alert* he hasn't actually died. I mean just because you’re Floridian doesn’t mean you don’t have to do real research when you claim a Cuban Dictator is dead. Heck if you claim anyone’s dead they very well should be dead. Cuz if they aren’t they’re probably going to say something, just ask Tony Almeda.

No comments:

Post a Comment